Click to see our top pick for the best trampoline for toddlers
Toy Veteran welcomes you to our guide for the Best Trampoline for Toddlers !
Are you looking for a way to allow your toddler to blow off steam during winter days?
Are you tired of telling them not to jump from your couch to the sofas?
Or are you just trying to find a safe way to introduce them to exercise right from the start of their lives?
If you can relate to any of the above questions, you’ve come to the right place! What you’re about to read is our solution to all your problems. A trampoline for your kid might be just what you need! We have compiled a list of the very best trampolines for toddlers to give you a variety of options. Enjoy!
Best trampoline for toddlers – Comparison Table
Why choose it?
Check Current Price
My first trampoline 84" with enclosure
(5 / 5)
- Enclosure Net
- Easy to assemble
Original Toy Company
Fold and Go Trampoline
(4.6 / 5)
- Bungee Cords
- Easy to assemble
Airzone 55-inch trampoline
For small kids only
(4.5 / 5)
- Thick Padding
- Strong Enclosure Net
- Bungee Cords
Merax 36″ Kid’s Mini Exercise Trampoline
Fun for the Entire Family
(Parents can use it too)
(5 / 5)
- Easy to assemble
- Covered steel springs
Bazoongi 48-Inch Bouncer Trampoline
Huge jumping surface
(5 / 5)
- Thick foam padding
Trampolines for toddlers – What are my options?
Let’s try to keep things simple here. When it comes to selecting a trampoline for a toddler you have two options to choose from.
- A mini trampoline; this is a basically a small trampoline (also known as a rebounder) that will allow your kid to bounce in place
- Bigger netted trampolines; these, of course, include the jumping area, and a safety enclosure net that will provide security for your kid or toddler. They can be used as trampolines or even as play dens thanks to their enclosure.
Best trampolines for toddlers reviews
My first trampoline with enclosure 84″ by Sportspower – All in One
Check my first trampoline with enclosure 84 on Amazon
This is clearly one of our favorites when it comes to netted trampolines for toddlers. In fact, our “My first trampoline with enclosure 84″ review” article is one of the most visited here on Toy Veteran. Let’s find out why!
- The trampoline boasts of a heavy-duty galvanized steel frame and a series of solid legs.
- The jumping mat is weather-resistant (against UV rays and water).
- The jumping area is 84-inch large.
- Very thick padding and enclosure are included in the trampoline.
- The weight limit of the trampoline is 100lbs (i.e., 45 kilos).
- The jumping area of the trampoline provides adequate space for a comfortable playtime for one child or more.
- The padding of the trampoline is so thick that it literally doesn’t leave any metal parts exposed enhancing the safety of the entire trampoline.
- It’s easy to assemble (it should take about 1.5 hours for a person). Plus all the necessary tools are included.
- It can be used both as an indoor trampoline and outdoor trampoline as it’s easily movable.
- It includes a zipper that will allow you to lock the trampoline from the outside. What this means is that you can rest assured that your kid won’t leave the trampoline while you’re washing the dishes or clothes. ( Always make sure you provide enough and frequent supervision to your kid, however)
- My first trampoline with enclosure has a very low height off the ground. This provides easy access in and out of the trampoline for your kid.
Some people have complained that some of the materials wore out after prolonged exposure of the trampoline to extreme weather conditions. Do not worry, however. The trampoline can be easily moved indoors during winter days or very hot summer days so that it doesn’t get exposed to harsh weather.
Our Verdict – My first trampoline with enclosure 84″
If you’re looking for a netted trampoline for bigger kids or if you want to provide maximum safety for your toddler, then don’t look elsewhere.
My first trampoline with enclosure 84 ” by Sportspower is definitely a bargain considered it costs around a hundred bucks online and that Sportspower has really over-delivered in providing people with a very safe, durable, and fun trampoline.
The Original Toy Company – Fold and Go Trampoline – Quality & Features
Check the Fold and Go Trampoline on Amazon
Here’s another blockbuster trampoline and one of the highest rated online. Here in ToyVeteran.com , we liked this toddler trampoline so much that we have decided to write a full-length Fold and Go Trampoline review to allow our readers to know this fantastic mini trampoline for toddlers. Let’s delve into it!
- It’s a rebounder! Do not let the trampoline in the title confuse you.
- It has a weight capacity of 150 lbs
- The jumping area has a diameter that is 25-inches wide.
- The trampoline includes a handlebar (i.e., a stability bar to promote balance during the bouncing of your kid)
- The Fold & Go Trampoline consists of a series of elastic cords.
- The trampoline is ASTM approved. What this practically means is that it meets or exceeds all the necessary safety standards to make sure your little one plays safely! Well done Original Toy Company!
- The trampoline is so lightweight that it can be easily moved outdoors too.
- It’s simple to assemble. The manufacturer states that it will take you 5 minutes tops to get the trampoline ready for your kid.
- The handlebar included enhances balance and ensures safety. However, it can be easily removed when your kid gets older (or bored of it).
- The jumping area provides adequate space for your kid to jump comfortably and safely.
- The elastic cords that the trampoline consists of, provide a firmer bounce. What this practically means is that your kid won’t have the chance to jump high enough to risk getting injured.
- The elastic cords also provide quiet bouncing. This practically means that if you happen to live in an apartment or if the rest of the family is sleeping, no one will get disturbed; neither family members nor neighbors (PERFECT!)
- The legs of this toddler rebounder are covered with rubber on their edges. This ensures that no scratches will ever happen on your expensive carpet or floor.
- It’s easily foldable and storable. The disassembly process shouldn’t take more than 10 minutes. The trampoline can be then stored in a closet, or you can take it with you on your holiday if your kid wants it.
- The price! The manufacturer has kept the price reasonably low to provide kids with an excellent introductory trampoline. Considered that the trampoline has a weight capacity of 150 lbs, you might have found the perfect gift for many years from now.
- Extreme weather conditions might be a tough competition for this trampoline for toddlers. This shouldn’t worry you, however. Just make sure that you don’t leave it outside during the entire winter or summer. Besides, it’s featherweight and foldable! Why wouldn’t you take it or stored it somewhere it is protected?
- Speaking of foldability, please mind that it’s not the typical foldable trampoline that you fold in just a few moves. You might have to unscrew some screws first, and then the trampoline becomes really tiny.
Our Verdict – Original Toy Company Fold n Go Trampoline!
This is clearly an excellent introductory trampoline for any young kid. Its price, durability, and safety features have made it one of the highest rated and most sought-after trampolines for toddlers online.
Airzone 55-inch trampoline – Safety for small kids
Check the Airzone 55 inch Trampoline on Amazon
Here’s one more trampoline for toddlers that people have been raving about online. It’s a trampoline for smaller and younger kids mainly. Let’s see what makes this trampoline from Airzone so popular.
- The Airzone 55-inch trampoline doesn’t contain springs but bungee cords.
- It has a weight limit of 60 lbs (that is 27 kg).
- The trampoline boasts a solid enclosure net which includes a zipper that can be used to seal the trampoline from the outside.
- All the metal parts of the trampoline are steel-made preventing all sorts of twistings and deformations of the trampoline.
- The Airzone trampoline comes out in 2 fancy color variations: the red one, and the SpongeBob-themed one that most kids will instantly love.
- The trampoline is springless and contains elastic bungee cords. This means that it is safer for your little kid. In fact, it’s a lot safer than any trampoline that includes metal springs that might put your kid’s toes in trouble.
- The enclosure net of the trampoline is impressively strong. You rarely see such a net that can absorb even direct collisions from a kid without being torn out.
- Many buyers have reported that the cords and the jumping surface of the trampoline are so nicely-crafted that allow the trampoline to maintain its bounce even after years of daily use without sagging (i.e., bending) at all. This practically means that the trampoline will behave like it was brand new for many years from now (perhaps for another kid 🙂 )
- The trampoline can be used both indoors and outdoors. The materials used for the trampoline are all weather-resistant and can withstand even harsh weather conditions.
- The trampoline is very easy to assemble, The assembly instructions are pretty straightforward, and as all the necessary tools are included in the trampoline package, it should take you no more than an hour to get the trampoline up and running…or should we say bouncing?
- All the metal surfaces of the trampoline, as well as its poles, are padded with protective foam to provide maximum protection in a case of a collision.
- This Airzone trampoline is ASTM certified. Such a certification guarantees the safety of your kid and makes this product one of the best and safest trampolines for kids.
- Top-notch after sales customer services. Having scoured the Web for user feedback, we stumbled on an impressive number of situations where Airzone staff has reached out to them to help their customers, address their problems, or even send replacement parts to them.
- Last but not least, its price. You rarely find such a quality netted trampoline at such a reasonable price. For just a few bucks you get a safe product you can rely on but also an entertaining way to allow your kid to bounce out their energy.
- Its weight capacity. 60 lbs can only accommodate only younger, smaller kids. If your kid belongs to this category, however, do not hesitate at all. This trampoline provides everything your kid needs to play safely.
- Some minor problems are reported online about the zipper of the trampoline. In some cases, the zipper used to lock the trampoline from the outside became defective after a bit of use. The manufacturer, however, addressed the matter properly in all cases and sending replacement parts for free.
- The assembly process might need a pair of strong hands during the installation of the last cords. We’ve read a number of reviews stating this. We, however, managed to find a solution to this problem as you can read in our Airzone 55-inch trampoline review. The trick is to install the first four cords in a 12:oo, 3:00, 6:00, 9:00 o’clock formation. Don’t let these reviews discourage you from buying this wonderful trampoline.
Our Verdict – AirZone 4-1/2 Ft Kids First Outdoor Band Trampoline
If you’re looking for a starter trampoline for your toddler, then this should be your number one choice. Its low weight capacity restricts the target audience only to young kids.
However, the safety features of the Airzone trampoline should make it the front-runner when it comes to picking a netted trampoline for small and young kids before moving on to a larger, more-expensive trampoline. What do you think?
Merax 36″ Kid’s Mini Exercise Trampoline – THE BARGAIN
Check The Merax trampoline on Amazon
If you’re tight on a budget and you need a mini trampoline that you can rely on, then this is it! The 36-inch Mini Trampoline from Merax is one of the top-rated trampolines for kids on Amazon having gained an impressive number of raving reviews. These two facts got the attention of the Toy Veteran team and decided to examine it a little more to see if it deserve its spot as one of the best trampolines for toddlers. Let’s find out!
- This rebounder is 36-inches wide, providing 24 inches of jumping surface for the jumper.
- It has an impressive weight capacity of 180 lbs.
- The trampoline includes a handrail (i.e., a handlebar) to provide more stability for your kid.
- It includes a series of metal springs for increased durability.
- The feet of the Merax Rebounder are covered with rubber to increase stability further.
- The handrail of the Merax Trampoline is padded with foam to prevent any injuries in a case of a collision of your kid
- The weight capacity (180 lbs) of this mini trampoline is phenomenal. In fact, this is the only mini trampoline for toddlers we have reviewed that is also suitable for adults. This is neither our judgment nor the manufacturer’s statement only. There are tons of reviews on Amazon from parents claiming that they also use the rebounder for their exercise. An adult has only to remove the handrail (Easy) and can reap the health benefits of trampolining for themselves as well, before moving on to a more expensive mini trampoline for exercise. Impressive!
- The springs that the trampoline consists of are covered with safety pad to prevent any toes or fingers from reaching the springs. This should be a great relief to any parent.
- The handlebar is almost 23.6 inches from the jumping surface. This means that most kids will be able to use it without any problem regardless of their height.
- The rubber feet of the Merax 36″ Rebounder not only increase stability for the trampoline but they also promote quiet bouncing and protect your floor or carpet from scratches.
- The Merax trampoline is very easy to assemble. It comes with all its springs attached so that less effort and time are needed from you. Simply put, you just have to unfold the trampoline, install the legs and it will be ready to provide tons of fun hours for your kid.
- This mini trampoline is very durable. Scouring the Web for user reviews, we stumbled on many occasions where parents reported that the trampoline held up well even after months of daily use.
- Last but not least, the price! Let’s put this simple. Such durability, safety, and for kids as well as parents can usually be found only on high-end products. Merax 36″ Mini Trampoline is definitely a surefire hit as you can purchase it for a very reasonable price.
- The trampoline is not 100% foldable. We would describe it as semi-foldable as it gets the shape of a taco when folded.
For those of you who intend to store it or move it, do not worry at all.
It weighs only 18 lbs, and its legs can be detached very easily. So, moving and storing the trampoline should be a piece of cake.
- The existence of the handrail may encourage some kids to use it like a monkey bar to perform swings. As this mini trampoline is not heavy enough, tip-overs might occur.
Toy Veteran has got you covered, however. You can place the trampoline facing a wall so that no room for monkey swings exists for your kid. You can also install some weight bags on its rear feet to make it more stable. Voila!
Our Verdict – Merax 36″ Kid’s Mini Exercise Trampoline
If you’re looking for a low-budget solution for a trampoline for toddlers, then the chances are that the trampoline from Merax has all your toddler will ever need to burn off their energy.
Plus, their product is so durable that can provide tons of fun hours and exercise for you, the parent, as well. What a bargain!
Check the current price
Bazoongi 48-Inch Bouncer Trampoline – When space matters
Check the Bazoongi 48″ Trampoline on Amazon
The first thing you notice when you first see an image of this toddler mini-trampoline is its remarkable size. Whereas most of the trampoline for kids are 36-inch large, this one is a monster, with a size of 48 inches. Let’s see if its positive reviews and high ratings online make the Bazoongi 48-Inch Trampoline a product you should consider buying.
- The Bazoongi Trampoline has 6 legs for increased stability.
- It is 48-inches wide.
- It contains a handrail to enhance the balance of the jumping kid.
- The trampoline has a series of galvanized steel springs and a heavy duty frame also made of galvanized steel.
- The maximum weight capacity of the trampoline is 100lbs
- The size of this mini trampoline makes it a serious competitor for your toddler trampoline. Such size provides more jumping surface for your kid, which consequently means safer and more comfortable bouncing time.
- All the springs of the Bazoongi trampoline are covered with protective padding to make the springs unreachable.
- The height of the jumping surface is almost 9″ from the ground. This allows your little one to have easy access to the mini trampoline any time.
- The handrail of the trampoline provides enhanced balance for your child. It is also adjustable and covered with thick foam padding to protect your child in a case of a collision.
- The manufacturer claims that the trampoline is suitable for both indoor and outdoor play. What this means is that you can take the Bazoongi trampoline outside on a sunny day to combine the joy of bouncing and the benefits of the sun for your kid. Let’s get some Vitamin D to strengthen these bones, right?
- There have been some complaints online about the quality of the rubber caps of the legs of this trampoline. Users reported that the trampoline might cause scratches on a hardwood floor despite the existence of those rubber caps. Thus, you might have to invest in a set of heavy-duty rubber caps to provide more protection for your floor or carpet.
- Some people also claimed that they found it a bit hard to assemble the trampoline as some of the parts were misaligned and couldn’t fit in the frame. However, this problem is a bit dated as it was found mainly in older reviews. The manufacturer seems to have addressed this subject as well as some other problems regarding broken springs, worn out pads of customers, etc.
Our Verdict – Bazoongi 48-Inch Bouncer Trampoline
The extra jumping surface and the reasonably low price of this mini trampoline for toddlers are apparently two reasons to choose the Bazoongi Bouncer Trampoline.
Overall, it’s a great starter trampoline that could withstand any torture your kid would do on it before moving to a larger, more expensive trampoline or rebounder.
How to choose the best trampoline for toddlers?
Selecting a trampoline or a mini trampoline for your little kid is not nuclear physics. There are, however, some things to take into consideration before making your purchase. Let’s examine them:
When it comes to a toddler’s or child’s playtime safety is of utmost importance. Thus, no matter which trampoline you pick for your toddler, it should provide a 100% safe environment for them to play in. Things to check before buying are:
- Low bounce – the trampoline you pick should provide low to medium bounce to allow no room for aggressive jumping or flips.
- Handle Bar: If you feel that your kid would find it difficult to maintain their balance during their bouncing, you could invest in a mini trampoline that includes a handle bar. This would allow your toddler to enjoy a safer and more stable jumping.
- Stability: If you choose a mini trampoline (also known as a rebounder), make sure it remains where it should be during your kid’s bouncing.
No flips and tip-overs should ever occur when your precious one is playing on it. To further ensure the stability of your toddler’s rebounder you could install weight bags on its legs as well as set it up with the handle bar facing a wall. This way you will prevent any monkey swings from happening.
- Safety enclosure net: If you pick a larger trampoline to cover the needs of more than one child (including older kids too), you should buy one that includes a safety enclosure net. Such an enclosure would prevent any accidental falls from happening.
Also, some manufacturers provide enclosure nets that can be zipped or locked from outside to allow parents ensure their kid stays inside the toy.
- Endurance: Make sure you choose a trampoline that is sturdy and strong enough so that its frame won’t break or bend and that its jumping mat will never be torn. Well, “never” is a bold claim, for sure.
There are, however, many trampolines for toddlers that will age well and perform as expected until your kid grows up and moves to a larger trampoline.
Most trampolines for toddlers can easily handle a weight of around 100lbs whereas others can handle even heavier kids’ weights. Make sure you pick one that will suit your child. Otherwise, choose one with a greater weight capacity if you’re planning to have more than one kids playing simultaneously on the trampoline.
If you have just a few square feet available in your house or apartment, then a mini trampoline should be your best choice.
If you, however, happen to have a larger house, apartment, or even a yard you can invest in a bigger trampoline that will accommodate your kid for many years from now
Beware, though! He or she may love it so much that might use it for their quick naps or reading time 🙂
You don’t always have to go to the high-end to find quality products. Such is the case with trampolines for toddlers. While we have showcased some more expensive trampolines, be sure that all the products we have presented will provide enough fun and safety for your little one. Just choose one that your budget can tolerate.
The best trampoline for toddlers – Our winners
If you’ve managed to read this far, you should know that lots of things must be taken into consideration when it comes to choosing the best trampoline for toddlers. Given that there are two categories of trampolines for young kids, the mini trampolines and those with enclosure, we have decided to recommend two products, one from each category to allow you choose easier.
So, our two winners are:
For the Best Mini Trampoline For Toddlers Category: The Merax 36″ Kid’s Mini Exercise Trampoline. Price, durability, safety, and fun for both kids and parents combine to give you just what you and your kid need from a starter mini trampoline. Check its current price
For the Best Trampoline with Enclosure For Toddlers Category: My first trampoline with enclosure 84″ by Sportspower. The safety, the smooth assembly process, and the durability of this netted trampoline make it a no-brainer should you wish to purchase a trampoline with enclosure for your precious one. Check the current price here
Conclusion – The best trampoline for toddlers
This concludes our guide about the best trampolines for toddlers. We’ve seen what the benefits of trampolining for a kid are and we’ve also showcased some of what we believe as the best trampolines for toddlers and young kids.
Congratulations if you made so far. What you have to do now is revisit our best trampoline for toddlers comparison table on the top of this page and choose the one you like the most. Don’t keep your little one waiting.
Thank you for reading!
P.S. One of our favorite toddler trampolines is the 36″ trampoline for kids by Kangaroo. When we wrote this guide, however, it was out of stock. Feel free to read our 36″ Kangaroo Trampoline for Kids Review and see if it’s available again now. It’s a top quality trampoline which has got tons of raving reviews online.
P.S.2 Feel free to ask us anything or post your comment in the box below. You can also recommend your own best trampoline for toddlers. We will be more than happy to assist you.